Grilled boar fish fillets wrapped in nori with miso sesame butter and shisho
Recipe sourced from Angelakis Brothers
4 boar fish fillets from Angelakis Brothers
2 large sheets of nori
2 tbsp vegetable oil
180g soba noodles
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
1 punnet of shisho
1 1/2 tbsp red miso paste
1 1/2 tbsp sesame seeds
1. For the miso butter, cut butter into small pieces, place in a large bowl and allow to soften at room temperature. Gently toast the sesame seeds, either in a fry pan on the stove top or in the oven at 160℃ until golden brown, taking care not to burn. Allow to cool.
2. Add the miso paste and toasted sesame seeds to the butter & mix well, whisk well until the butter is light and fluffy. On a sheet of baking paper shape the butter into a log, roll up the paper and twist ends to secure. Refrigerate till the butter is firm.
3. To prepare the boar fish, fold & tear the nori sheets in half, lay the fish fillets on top and gently fold the nori sheets around the fillet. Turn over and lightly season with sea salt & drizzle with the vegetable oil.
4. Heat a large non-stick frypan over a medium heat, place the fish fillets in the pan, presentation side down. Cook for 4 minutes then gently turn over and cook for a further 2 minutes on the other side.
5. Cook the soba noodles in boiling salted water for 4 minutes (or as per the packet directions) and drain.
6. To serve, divide the noodles between four plates, place the boar fish fillet on top, add a slice of butter (at room temperature) and sprinkle with the extra toasted sesame seeds and shiso leaves.